The Ontario Energy Board offers a monthly credit to be applied to your Electricity Bill. The credit depends on two factors:
- How many people live in your home
- Combined household income
At East York Housing Help Centre, we can help you by filling out a manual income verification form with our OESP worker. You may also use our client self-help center to fill out the application online.
To find out more about the program click here.
If every member of your household who is over the age of 18 completed their tax’s last year you are only required to provide the notice of Assessment for each household member
If you or a member of your household who is over the age of 18 has not received a notice of assessment you and they must provide the following:
- 60 days of bank statements
- Child Tax Benefit Stub
- 4 employment pay stubs
- If you have just started your new employment opportunity and have yet to receive 2 payment stubs, you must provide a letter from the employer stating how many hours you work and your rate of pay.
- Child Support Documents
- Daycare receipts
- If you are self-employed you must provide a ledger of income made or awaiting receipt, as well as expenses for your business.
- Photo Identification for all household members over the age of 18
- Birth Certificates for all Household members under the age of 18
- Student timetables for any student out of high school and enrolled in post-secondary education
- Current Hydro Bill
CALL US TODAY TO FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY FOR OESP.