The East York Housing Help Centre is just one of many programs and services offered by our parent organization, East York East Toronto Family Resources (EYET).
As a multi-service agency, EYET provides family resource programs, community services, parent/child drop ins, childcare programs, and a range of housing programs.
Through the support of the City of Toronto’s Shelter Support and Housing Administration, and partnership with communities, agencies and private sector landlords, the East York Housing Help Centre works to build strong communities to support individuals and families to reduce homelessness.
Holiday Hours for 2014/2015
To find out our Holiday Hours click here to access and accessible PDF.
Do you need a place to live?
Our Housing Help Worker can help you:
- Find emergency housing if you are homeless
- Look for housing based on the rent you can afford
- Assist with applying for subsidized housing
- Assist with updating your subsidized housing application
- Find supportive housing if you have special needs
Are you having trouble paying your rent, heat or hydro bills?
- RENT Bank is an interest-free loan to pay off your overdue rent, or for first and last months rent.
- Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) is designed for low-income families and individuals living at/or below the poverty line and are in arrears.
Do you need help in keeping Housing?
Our Tenancy Support worker can help you:
- Work with you to solve problems with your landlord
- Tell you what you need to know as a tenant
- Work with you and your neighbours in your community
- Help connect you to community supports
East York Housing Help Centre
1350 Danforth Avenue
Toronto Ontario M4J 1M9
TTC: Greenwood Subway Station.
Driving: One block east of Linsmore and Danforth Avenue